Is a keen and practical yachtsman, and a member of the Royal Yacht Squadron. He was born in 1874, being a son of Lord Iveagh, and educated at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge. At Eton he had a brilliant career, winning the School Sculling in 1892, and rowing in the Eton eight of 1893, which won the Ladies’ Plate at Henley. He also won the Diamond Sculls at Henley in 1895, and the Diamond and Wingfield Sculls in 1896. One of his pleasantest recreations, however, is yachting, and he commands the London Division of the Naval Volunteer Reserve, a number of whose members, are enthusiastic yachtsmen. He owns the fine 98-ton yawl Leander, which was designed by Mr. Arthur E. Payne and built by Messrs. Summers and Payne. Leander is a fine example of the modern cruising yacht.
Club: Royal Yacht Squadron.
Residence: St. James’s Square, S.W.